Monday, August 3, 2009

Freight Trains and Graffiti (August 3, 2009)








I went out last night in the hopes of getting some shots of something related to our local commuter trains or freight trains. I waited too long and I missed the prime light. The use of a tripod on the railroad tracks was a bit daunting to me, so I gave up the idea for the time being. This afternoon I tried again and went out to the tracks south of my home where the freight trains roll through town. It is apparent that some of them sit too long unsupervised, perhaps? It seems the train cars serve as the perfect canvas for graffiti artists. Actually, they are quite colorful. I tried a shot in "sepia" tone. I really like the clouds!
I'm not sure what I think of the graffiti, but, I can say it amused me in a big way today!

3 comments:

KMOYMAMA said...

In Japan I have never seen trains with graffiti.It is one of the crimes to deface the train cars with graffiti though I like the pictures of trains you took.

Jennifer Gagliardi said...

Nice! Where exactly is that located?

Carolyn Ford said...

Just straight down San Antonio Avenue between Hold and Mission. I drove, both, east and west along the railroad tracks there...