Monday, November 16, 2009

Ruby Tuesday / Morro Rock and the Kayaks




Walking around the Embarcadero in Morro Bay affords some amazing views of Morro Rock any time of the day. But, sunset is the best, of course. These shots were taken about 10 minutes prior to sunset. You can see a slight golden color on the left side of the rock (top photo) caused by a light fog on the ocean. My husband and I had spent the morning out around Morro Rock watching the giant waves crash on the breakwater. Those photos are in an earlier post. The rock is so massive when standing at its base, but, it doesn't seem so large from across the water. It is a giant, considering it is a rock and not a mountain! I couldn't resist getting these red-orange kayaks in a picture with the "rock."

Ruby Tuesday

15 comments:

Marites said...

those are beautiful shots especially the second one. Happy RT!

Carletta said...

It really does look like a massive rock structure. The colorful kayaks soften the view and give a great reference for the size of the Rock.
Colorful shot!!

Suburban Girl said...

I love the composition of that first shot. Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to looking at your pics.

Hootin Anni said...

I keep getting an error '503' message...I'll try posting a comment again...

The picture is very colorful indeed, and I was also wondering about the history and stories written about that rock!


My R T is seaworthy...OUCH! Click here

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Edge of Morro Bay—
twelve kayaks are stacked, waiting
for another day.

My Ruby Tuesday

nonizamboni said...

Such inviting photos! And a nice contrast of the rich landscape and the man-made (kyacks?)
Happy Ruby Tuesday!

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Beautiful photos, and the colors are just fantastic!

Diane AZ said...

The red and orange kayaks against the blue water and dark rock look stunning!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Both are WONDERFUL Ruby Tuesday shots ... methinks the second is my fav because it shows clear BLUE skies ... a rarity for Morro Bay in my limited experience ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely photos! Perfect lighting at that time of day. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog the other day.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful Pics!
Happy Ruby Tuesday !
~Myrna

Dianne said...

beautiful scenes!!
the kayaks are so vivid

Kim, USA said...

That is a huge rock and the color of the Kayaks makes it really nice. Good shot you've got here. Thanks for sharing.

My Life’s Journey in Focus
At my tabletop
My Life’s Photo
My Pride and Joy

Ralph said...

How artistic these are! They stand out better because they stand...maybe because these are in a vertical motif instead of the normal horizontal, they stand out more. Of course, it could be the ruby!

KMOYMAMA said...

I like the composition of the second picture! It is like a picture post card.