Monday, August 23, 2010

That's My World Tuesday / AK Smiley Library, Redlands, CA USA

 Click on photo to enlarge!
This is an outdoor corridor at the AK Smiley Library in Redlands, California USA.
It was early evening when I was really enjoying a walk around the grounds with my camera.
I wanted to get into a group for the Worldwide Photo Walk last month, but, could not because of conflicts with my calendar.
I looked up the maps of some of the walks in my, somewhat, local area and this is one of the stops made on the Redlands, California walk.
I didn't have the pleasure of sharing time with other photographers but the map led me to a place I wouldn't have thought about, otherwise.
I am planning to do the same in other areas around Los Angeles as time allows.

18 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

Love the light and shadows you've captured in this!

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful light in this inviting corridor~

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes! I love the light and shadows, too! Fantastic capture, Carolyn! Looks like a great place to visit! Enjoy your week!

Sylvia

Photo Cache said...

what an inviting corridor. love the play of light and shadows and whatever editing tool you have applied.

a photo walk with a group of fellow photo nuts would be exciting.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Immagine particolare :-))
Ciao

Unknown said...

nice composition there...

Anonymous said...

A great, great picture !


daily athens

Carol said...

What a good shadow shot, and I love the arches.

Indrani said...

FANTASTIC CAPTURE!

Al said...

Awesome. I love the light, the shadows, and the way the eye is led down the corridor.

Ebie said...

Beautiful lighting and shadows on this corridor.

Tes said...

I love the lighting here, Carolyn! Beautiful!

Boom Nisanart said...

The light and the shadow made photo beautiful indeed !


Everyday Melbourne
Everyday Shot
Everyday Cat Visitor
N...is..an..ART

Thib said...

What a light!
Great shot!

KMOYMAMA said...

Most peictures I take are snapshots of people, events, and festivals, but I like the pitures that you take things around you in everyday life.

Luiza said...

COOOOL!
Looks like an very sunny day with books:-)

caite said...

the pattern of the shadows is great.

Rick said...

Beautiful composition, colours, light ... and the patterns of arches and shadows look wonderful. Great shot!