Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ABC Wednesday / "J" is for Jet















































ABC Wednesday / "J" is for JET

This is Air Force One at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California. It is a "707 jet" used by Former President Ronald Reagan during his U.S. Presidency. This plane served seven U.S. Presidents from 1973-2001. (Nixon, Carter, Ford, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush)

My husband and I spent an afternoon visiting the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in late August. The highlight was to walk through this historical "jet."

14 comments:

Irene said...

It's a handsome jet. Great entry for J, Carolyn.

Janie said...

Interesting to see the Presidential seal on it. Nice photos!

Paula Scott said...

I never would have expected the jet to be housed at the library! How wonderful, though!

James said...

Great pictures. I really want to go to this library. Ronald Reagan is my favorite president.

I've been to the LBJ and the Nixon libraries. They are interesting places.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

I think it's great fun to get close to something that's historically significant. I could be a museum junkie, I'm afraid.

magiceye said...

wow it sure is an historic walk!

Mara said...

What a great J. I wouldn't mind seeing inside and imagining myself as president (which will never happen, since we have a Queen!)

April said...

It would be quite an interesting tour to take. I'd love to see the inside.

Sylvia K said...

What an interesting place! Would love to visit there. Perfect post for the "J" day!

Have a great day!

Sylvia

Denise said...

I would love to visit this place. You've taken some great photos here, thanks for sharing them.

Jay said...

|I would be very interested to see that! I didn't know you could walk through an Airforce One!

~JarieLyn~ said...

That is a very nice looking Jet. Wonderful post for the letter J.

Roger Owen Green said...

Just this week, I saw Air Force One flying out of Albany, NY after President Obama spoke in the area. It was a thrill, so seeing this AF1 up close must have been awe-inspiring.

Tumblewords: said...

Awesome J!