Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Was Desperate for a Waterfall! (August 5, 2009)

After seeing my friend's photographs of a beautiful waterfall in Japan, I decided it was time for me to learn more about the "shutter speed priority" setting. Unfortunately, the abundance of waterfalls, here in southern California, are lacking! We'll be lucky to get a rainy day before November... I could have done some thinking and visited a fountain somewhere...but, I chose to pull out the garden hose and attach a sprayer instead. These shots were taken around my backyard. I used the 1/4 and 1/6 shutter speed! It's not the beautiful water curtain that my friend, Kenkichi, produced...but, it's a start! His blog is listed on those that I follow!



1 comment:

KMOYMAMA said...

I enjoyed your experiment on producing water curtain in your backyard. I understand how much you apprecoated my slow-motioned pictures of the wate curtain which I photographed from the hollow of the waterfall. How creative you are! I liked your pictures of water curtain.