Wednesday, September 16, 2009

That's My World Tuesday / Plumeria and the Mantis














A big part of my world, even before I retired, is to enjoy growing and caring for my plumeria, and watching the little praying mantis that has spent most of this summer living among them. This little critter used to hide under a leaf when I approached, but now it seems to like posing for my pictures! Really...I am not joking! I do take a lot of pictures because I am trying to learn different camera settings and macro is challenging! I always think the next shot might be better...?

So here is, yet, another post of my plumeria and the little mantis I chase around with my lens!

I enjoy focusing on different flowers in a cluster. The changing blur creates a whole different picture...

That's My World Tuesday, this Tuesday, anyway...

Please click on the images to enlarge for greater detail...

5 comments:

Melania said...

You're so fortunate to catch the mantis in your garden. He's one of the good bugs to have :)

The flowers are very beautiful too. I don't think plumeria will grow here, which makes me a little sad because I LOVE the smell.

Melissa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving me a comment. I am fairly new to I♥faces but its been so much fun!

Love the photos of your flowers...they are stunning! love the ones with the praying mantis...such a great shot! Now I gotta go check out your contemplation photo!

SquirrelQueen said...

The plumeria are beautiful, they are so colorful. Your mantis seems to pick better perches than mine, she always wants to hand upside down on the worst stem she can find. She has gotten used to me and will even climb on my hand sometimes.

I like how you are experimenting with depth of field on the flowers, it is a fun technique isn't it?

SandyCarlson said...

These are totally gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful series of photographs. Just beautiful, and the mantis was a great extra. :)