Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot / Favorite Things



Click on photos to enlarge!
One of my favorite things is to visit beautiful places like Yosemite National Park in California, USA.
People sit and gaze at the view of Yosemite Valley for quite a long time right here at the Tunnel View.
El Capitan is towering on the left, Half Dome is at the top middle, Bridalveil Falls is on the right.
My husband and I stood here each evening last week before moving on to our other favorite spots to watch the giant granite monoliths light up in the glow of the sunsets.
Many famous photographs have been shot from this very spot over the years.

8 comments:

Tania said...

Wow! This is so beautiful shots of a great natur! Love the mountain! This is a place I wanna go:-)
Have a great week! Hug

Jama said...

What a wonderful place to visit!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I must admit that is a breathtaking view! Have a great day!

Sherrie
Sherrie's Stuff

Joe Todd said...

One place I'm going to have to get back to.. Thanks for the post

James said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scenery! I want to go there to see it in person!

jay said...

One day, I hope to go there and see for myself - in the meantime, thanks for the gorgeous photos!

Carly said...

Hi Carolyn :)

Lovely portraits! :) I can see why you would count this among your favorite things! :)