Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Watery Wednesday / The Merced River at Yosemite National Park, California USA

Our hotel room was right on the Merced River just outside the west gate of Yosemite National Park in El Portal.
I took these photos from our second level balcony in the early morning on March 25, 2010.
We left our window open about 2" during the night so we could hear the roar of this mighty river.
It was in the 30's outside overnight but, we stayed warm inside.
Click on photos to enlarge!




















13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to watch the Merced River during the spring when it roars and roars. And dipping my toes in its icy waters is a thrill in itself.

Superb capture.

James said...

They are all good but two or three of these are great. Wonderful post.

My name is Riet said...

Wow, I love that wild water. Great shots

Martha Z said...

Great capture, it looks like the river is running full.

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are wonderful. One of these days I'm going to learn how to do this effect.

Ebie said...

Gorgeous! I could hear the roar and strong rush of flow! Every photo is a favorite.

P.S. The Salt Lake was a surprise find. We did not know it existed until we drove by on our home thru Joshua Tree and 29 Palms.

Tania said...

Would love to bath in that wild water:-) Great pictures and post!
Wish you a nice day

KMOYMAMA said...

These are great photos! You captured the beautiful flow of the wild river!

Hage og Foto entusiast said...

WOW...such awsome photos. Really good shots.

gengen said...

Oh so pretty...Happy watery Wednesday.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Fabulous shots! You captured the flow and turbulence of the water perfectly.

~ Tracy

Linnea said...

These are fabulous. They exude so much movement and power. Your shots of Yosemite are making me envious. I'm supposed to go there in May...can't wait! Thanks for visiting my sandpipers.

sunnymama said...

I love these shots! Really great captures of the power and movement of the water. :)