Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday / El Capitan and Half Dome Shrouded in Pink, Yosemite National Park, California USA

Click on photos to enlarge!
This is El Capitan in Yosemite National Park in California USA.
Can you see the heart in the center of the face of the monolith?
I want to say, "I ♥ you too, El Capitan!
The pink clouds beautifully adorned the valley last Tuesday evening.

Here is a close up of the ♥.

This is a view of the valley from the Tunnel View area with El Capitan on the left, Half Dome in the far back, Sentinel Rock, Cathedral Rocks and Bridalveil Falls on the right.

This is Half Dome all covered in pink!

These shots of Half Dome were taken from the meadow near Curry Village at about 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 23, 2010.

This was our only "pink" evening during our stay, but, the other evenings were just as beautiful!
More on those nights soon!

16 comments:

James said...

These photos are excellent. What a great day to take pictures.

Carly said...

wow, you have such beautiful dramatic photos!

Sistertex said...

Oh My! These are spectacular photos, especially the first one. Puts mine to shame this week to be sure. Just gorgeous!

Al said...

Incredible photos. I really need to visit Yosemite one of these years.

Unknown said...

spectacular photos! what an incredible place.

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Such beautiful pictures! So striking with the cloud hanging down so low! Have a great Outdoor Wednesday and enjoy the Easter Weekend! Sherri : )

Americana Lady said...

Ahh, America the beautiful... Happy Easter, Joan

xinex said...

Simply breathtaking! We hiked the Yosemite a long time ago and I could not walk for 2 days afterwards, LOL. I was so sore....Christine

Tania said...

This is so wonderful! And I ♥ it!! In my dreams, I climb there, and maybe one day:-)
Really great pictures all of them!

KMOYMAMA said...

These are also great photos! Thank you for sharing. I hope that I will be able to see these scenes some day in the future.

Atticmag said...

Oh wow. I have always wanted to go there and you gave me a virtual trip today. So inspiring. Hope you will stop by and see our butterfly wall art. Happy Easter. -- Jane F.

Johnny Nutcase said...

whoa! Awesome shots, Carolyn, that cloud cover makes for such an intriguing photo. i really love it, so cool! Different than most you see from that angle. Neat! I'm definitely going to get to go to Yosemite this summer, so i'm pretty excited. Last time i was there i hiked up El Cap ...and we only saw one other person on an 18 mile hike - during peak season, Crazy! Love your photos!

Ann said...

A beautiful part of this country that I would love to visit. Great shots.

LV said...

What a great place to take a trip. I enjoyed the one you shared with us today.

Lori E said...

I <3 the heart. I am so lame, sorry.
I am glad you didn't come face to face with any bears. The mountains take my breath away. We often hear about people driving through the Rocky Mountains into British Columbia and they are terrified by the high mountain roads and the feeling of the mountains surrounding them. We are so used to them and they are just part of our landscape. A beautiful part though.

Ebie said...

Your photos are so close, make me want to touch the clouds! It is beautiful up there!