Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scenic Sunday / Anza Borrego State Park, California, USA

Click on photos to enlarge!
We took a drive out to Anza Borrego State Park yesterday to view the desert wildflowers.
This is a scene from a turnout on the mountain road that leads to the desert floor.
The white spot in the distance is a dry lake bed and the left side of the photo shows the "green" desert floor.
The first sighting of color is the Yellow Desert Brittlebush.
The Anza Borrego Badlands are off in the distance.

 The Ocotillo will be ablaze in red flowers soon!

8 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Wonderful! Perfect look up/look down photos! Looks like a very lovely place.

My name is Riet said...

That is a beautiful country. Great shots

cat said...

Wow that is quite a landscape!
I also have a white lake in my pictures but for it's white for a very different reason.

Cheryl Ann said...

Hey, you're out in my area! Aren't the yellow flowers pretty? They are all over the desert now. I saw some lupine up in the hills, but I couldn't stop to take a photo (too many cars on the road)...maybe tomorrow morning if I get an early start, I can!

Anonymous said...

I really like these photos. We don't have much land looking like that over here and it's just spectacular my friend. Have a great Sunday :)

NatureFootstep said...

this kind of shots always make me want to pcack my bag.

nice A said...

Such a beautiful place! Love the green desert floor. Perfect composition you have.

Carly said...

I don't think that I've ever been there, but it looks beautiful!